Sunday, August 3, 2014

The new woman in his life!

I thought I ruled his life till she came along.  She was awesome to begin with.  But I never thought he would fall for her smile in less than few split seconds - that too overnight.  Well, being his well wisher and his best buddy for life I went ahead and accepted their love.  I allowed it to blossom and spread its fragrance in his life.

While it was interesting to see the fondness, bonding and attachment for each other growing, i was drowning.  But their love for each other was beautiful.  He a narcoleptic turned into a night owl just to be with her as much as possible.  She too was enjoying his attention, no doubt. I was a silent spectator waiting for him to notice me as well.

How long the infatuation could last, I thought. It will wither with time I assumed and I waited.  I knew, he will come back to me someday or later.  She had not only overpowered him, she had made him dance to her tunes. She had mesmerised him completely. He was shackled in the powerful clutches of her innocence.

Till then I was his model.  Now it is her
Till then my stories filled his world.  Now she fills his world.
My wish used to be his command. Now she started commanding.

How conveniently I became an unknown part of his life from being an integral part.  I could not complain. How could I?  I knew, he was struggling and juggling between her and me.  No doubt she got the lion's share of his time, attention and love.

Nothing is constant, everybody assured me.  She proved me wrong.  I'm told, when swimming in high currents, don't go against it but along with it.  I watched them even closer.  Their love was so pure, unconditional and was beyond any boundaries. I stepped out and allowed them to enjoy. They continue to enjoy their space and I smile in silence.

No comments: