Monday, July 6, 2009

"loneliness" in Kodai




Anu shared this pic just few hours ago. This pic she took when we did our “adventurous” trip sometime in April last year. When a friend asked me what I mean by adventurous, I had told her with a grin we did not take pictures of ourselves. Anu proved me wrong. She had taken this and I was not even aware!!!

I got to know something like this had happened few days back when Anu told me she has sent a picture for a contest. Today she shared this link http://panachallenge.com/challenge/show_entry.php?challenge=59&sortby=chlg&srch=&cam=&favs=&entry=4073

She had posted this pic under the theme “loneliness”. I don’t know if I really look that lonely. J All that I know is, Anu and me were talking endlessly early morning and later she took her camera to take some pics and I was sitting by this big window in that Swedish home – lazily curling up in that thick blanket. I can’t even recollect what I was thinking.

However the theme “loneliness” really intrigued me. If this picture communicates loneliness of the person in the frame, look closely. There is light the other side of the window. Come to think of it, it’s the person in question who is even creating that feeling for her. There is light out there and all that requires is a little bit of effort to just move towards light and let go of the feeling of alone. This so much making it evident how we create barriers for ourselves.

I’m super thrilled with this picture and the thought that it induced in me. Here goes a zillion thanks to Anu for capturing this moment for me.

1 comment:

Anupama said...

You are always always welcome :)